Ballett Zürich is the largest ballet company in Switzerland with high international reputation. Based at Opernhaus Zürich, the main company consists of 36 dancers plus 14 members of the Junior Ballett.
Since August 2023, Ballett Zürich has new leadership: Artistic Director and Chief-Choreographer Cathy Marston. In this new chapter, different stories and perspectives will unfold through Marston’s signature work: Narrative ballets. Important choreographic signatures and voices of the past will be complimented by innovative and imaginative creations from some of the world’s best ballet and contemporary choreographers.
For the season 2024/25 under the artistic directorship of Cathy Marston, Ballett Zürich is looking for
Junior Ballet Members (m/f/d)
- a strong classical technique and be able to perform a variety of repertoire including classical, neo-classical and contemporary.
- Artists of the company are considered creative collaborators and should be open and versatile in terms of dance styles and creative processes. They should be team players.
- The work of Cathy Marston will anchor the repertoire. Her passion for narrative dance should be reflected in the applicants’ own artistic interests.
- Ballett Zürich is committed to the positive values of diversity, promotes equality and opposes discrimination. We particularly welcome applications from all ethnic backgrounds and genders.
- Dancers identifying as female should have strong pointe work technique. Non-binary dancers who wish to be considered for pointe repertoire should demonstrate their technical ability in this area.
- The auditions for the Junior Ballett are open to candidates over 17 years and under 22 years.
How to Apply
To apply for auditions, please send the following requested documents:
- a résumé / CV (indication of desired pronouns and dancing profiles welcome).
- a portrait + a dance photo.
- a short video link to both classical/neo-classical work (not barre work and preferably a solo with pointe work if applicable) and a contemporary solo. (Please note we do not accept videos to download.)
Where & When
The auditions will be arranged individually and take place in the ballet studios of Opernhaus Zürich between December 2023 and February 2024.
We are accepting applications until Monday, 15th January 2024
For application or further questions, please contact